Background

11/3/11

Looking back at sharing our news...

WITH OUR FAMILIES   :)

What a fun time this was!!  Ever since Kory and I found out we were expecting, we started planning how we were going to tell our family.  We knew some would be a struggle because they just seem to know everything...grandpa robin ;)  We had a lot of fun with it tho!  Here are some pictures and the stories of sharing the news with both of our immediate families (in no particular order)!



{Kory & Paislie were writing on the front porch with sidewalk chalk the day his parents were coming over for supper...It reads "First Ostrand Grand Baby on the Way"  :)  He was proud of it!}


{Grandpa Ostrand, Aunt Kara, & Nana Ostrand}

We planned to get together with them one night.  Julie brought pizza home for supper and decided we would take care of dessert.  We were able to visit all through supper without saying a word.  Then, Kory brought the ice cream cake up from the deep freeze and set it on the table.  It took them a few seconds to read what it said, but then they caught on!!  Needless to say they were super excited!!

{Proud Parents-To-Be}

Ice cream cake read "Our Family is Growing"

{Uncle Kyle & Aunt Marquette}

To share the news with them, we made a onesie and wrapped it as a gift.  We told them that we had an early wedding gift for them.  They couldn't decide who should open it; finally Marquette did!!  She took a minute to read it then cheered before Kyle had a chance to read it!  We hope you guys can spend some extra time in Nebraska when your nephew or niece arrives!  We love you!!!

{Aunt Britney}

We called on her boss from the cake shop to help us out with her surprise!  Britney is always making delicous cakes for everyone else so we thought this would be a good chance to have one made for her!  Her boss was able to hide the order from her until we picked it up! :)  One Sunday after church, Kory and I stole her to take her for her lunch break, even though we had already ate.  We picked up Culver's and took her to the park.  She ate her lunch, then we told her we had desert.  Kory brought the cake box to the table.  Her first comment was that she recognized the box.  We told her to open it.  She read it with a surprised look on her face.  I asked her what it said and she told us.  I looked at Kory and told him they gave us the wrong cake. ;) She kind of sank in her seat, then we said JUST KIDDING!!! :)  She was speechless!!!  We got her good!!!

{Uncle Austin}

During fall, football is on Austin's mind all of the time!  He had a great season playing quartback, while he fought a dislocated knee cap two games and was out the final two games.  Anyways, I knew I wanted to include football in his surprise somehow...so we made a onesie!  I had the onesie rolled up then rolled in tissue paper so it looked like a giant tootsie roll.  We met up with him after he watched a jv football game.  Our plan was to give him a ride to his car at the school.  Before we left the field, we said we had something we wanted to give him.  He looked confused, but went ahead and opened it.  Austin was reading it..."#11 is my....what....are you serious!"  He was so surprised!!  Austin doesn't hesitate to remind him that its uncle Austin now! :)


{Aunt Tiffany}

Kory and I road tripped to Lincoln one early afternoon to share the news with Tiff.  We called her salon and wanted to make appointments with her so we had extra time with her. Thankfully, her coworker answered.  We scheduled Kory for a haircut and me for an eyebrow wax.  The lady asked what our names were but I knew if I told her, it would give it away; so I said Kirk & Ann!  :)  We definately surprised her when we walked in!  Of course her first question was why are you in town?  Um...Kory and I hadn't really discussed that!  We said shopping.  She asked us where we went and such.  I finally told her we bought something for her but we left it in the car because it was so big!  After she was done with Kory's cut, we went out to the car.  I gave her a rather small package and she looked confused!  It didn't take her long to open it and she started screaming....I mean loud!!  Before we left, she made us go back into the salon so she could tell all of her coworkers!  :)  

{Grandma Bochart}

{Grandpa Bochart}

We told Grandpa and Grandma Bochart at the same time.  We had actually planned to do it the weekend before because it was dad's birthday and we bought a Happy Birthday Grandpa card, but it didn't work out!  We surprised them at their house just as they were getting ready to walk out of the house for Austin's football game.  I told Kory we had to just tell them right away because there was no way we could make up a story dad would believe as to why we were there!  We gave dad his 'late' birthday gift.  He skipped the card and went straight for the shirt!  He unfolded it and just smiled!  We made mom a chalkboard picture frame that she can change what is writing on it and pictures as we have updated ones.  They were both very excited!!  Dad told Kory 'congrats DAD' as we left!


We can't wait to make more memories with all of our families as we bring this child into the world!  We are so thankful for all of our family and friends for their love and support!!  We can't wait for our little one to meet all of you!!  Please continue to pray for a healthy growing baby as we all anticipate its arrival late April!

No comments:

Post a Comment